What Does a Political Analyst Do?
Political analysts (also referred to as political scientists) study the current political landscape and research subjects like domestic policy and foreign relations. They gather and analyze data to forecast economic and political trends. They may also research public opinion or election results, or synthesize raw polling data.
Political Analyst Job Overview
In the political analyst role, you will provide expert advice for developing government policies. A vital element in this role is to pull the big picture from raw data to work toward standard of living improvements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the degree of influence of your work on the policies implemented by the government.
Political Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Researches political subjects
- Collects data from credible sources
- Uses different types of statistical models
- Analyzes data
- Forecasts political trends
- Follows the latest news and developments
Political Analyst Job Requirements
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or any related field
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and organized
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Portfolio of published articles
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.