What Does a Porter Do?
Porters are responsible for performing basic maintenance tasks in company facilities. The common tasks of a porter include picking up and disposing of trash, mopping and vacuuming, and restocking bathrooms. They also assist other employees by running errands or carrying items.
Porter Job Overview
In the porter role, you will make sure the facility is presentable to the public. A key element in performing this role is to have a routine or checklist to ensure that all the areas have been cleaned. Success in this role will be demonstrated by maintaining a clean and orderly facility that’s attractive to customers.
Porter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Runs errands for employees
- Makes minor repairs
- Maintains the building’s cleanliness
- Restocks bathroom supplies
- Picks up litter
- Places safety hazard signs such as wet paint where applicable
Porter Job Requirements
- Prior experience in a similar role
- At least 21 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willing to work at night and on weekends
- Must be physically fit
- Reliable and dependable
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.