What Does a Public Information Officer Do?
Public information officers manage the flow of information released to the public. They act as a company’s voice to the public, stakeholders, and other constituents. They also often work with senior management to convey a positive image of the company towards its community.
Public Information Officer Job Overview
In the public information officer role, you will facilitate press releases, send letters to stakeholders, and prepare speeches for public announcements about company milestones, breakthroughs, or industry issues and concerns. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing seamless communication strategies to disseminate information with the aim of increasing public awareness.
Public Information Officer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as a gatekeeper of information to be shared with the media
- Gathers information to be released to the public
- Develops guidelines and procedures for distributing information
- Provides visual materials and handouts for press releases
- Organizes meetings and press conferences for major company developments
- Answers media inquiries
Public Information Officer Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in public relations or related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent networking skills and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding and practical knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.