What Does a Public Relations Intern Do?
Public relations interns provide valuable support to the implementation of client events, marketing campaigns, and brand awareness initiatives. They conduct research into the latest industry trends and competitor offerings. Based on their research, they craft fresh corporate communication ideas and prepare comprehensive campaign reports.
Public Relations Intern Job Overview
In the public relations intern role, you will create content and proofread write-ups to be posted across multiple platforms. You will monitor daily social media traffic and engagement. You will also assist in the creation of monthly activity reports. Success in this role will be demonstrated by helping the company raise brand awareness and increase customer engagement.
Public Relations Intern Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in brainstorming PR ideas
- Assists in press release creation
- Coordinates with managers in special projects
- Proofreads written materials for content and grammar
- Analyzes client competitors and industry trends
- Provides administrative support to managers
- Monitors impact of marketing plans
Public Relations Intern Job Requirements
- Enrolled in a university or college program at junior or senior level, preferred course of study would be Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong ability to multitask
- Strong willingness to learn from superiors
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.