What Does a Public Relations Specialist Do?
Public relations specialists (or PR specialists) work with media outlets to increase the brand awareness of a company. They use a number of strategies to promote products and services, such as putting together client emails lists, writing press releases, and organizing publicity events.
Public Relations Specialist Job Overview
In the public relations specialist role, you will implement the company’s communications strategy. You will also build and develop relationships with customers, employees, and the public. You may write press releases, organize media appearances, and manage PR events. Success in this role will be demonstrated by positively portraying the organization’s public image to increase profitability.
Public Relations Specialist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains social media accounts and web content
- Manages the release of information including press conferences and web postings
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with clients, suppliers, employees, and the public
- Upholds the company’s public image
- Creates strategies to improve public opinion and promote the brand
- Consults with management to identify the company’s target demographic
- Prepares reports and publications to internal and external audiences
Public Relations Specialist Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing positions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Confident in public speaking
- Critical and creative thinker
- Proficient in management programs and social media platforms
- Exceptional time management skills
- Detail-oriented and works well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or other related courses
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.