What Does a Restaurant Manager Do?
Restaurant managers oversee and supervise a restaurant’s operations. They manage both front of house and back of house operations to ensure a smooth workflow for all employees. Restaurant managers act on behalf of the establishment’s owners to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Restaurant Manager Job Overview
In the restaurant manager role, you will facilitate an enjoyable and pleasurable dining experience for the restaurant’s patrons. As a restaurant manager, you will lead and train restaurant staff to ensure high-quality service is delivered. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to grow the company’s profitability and customer base.
Restaurant Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops innovative strategies that increase the establishment’s profitability
- Ensures that the establishment is compliant with health and safety regulations
- Conducts marketing efforts and hosts events
- Sets work schedules to optimize staffing
- Ensures inventory is well-stocked and efficiently utilized
- Creates reports on daily, weekly, monthly, and annual restaurant operations
- Handles customer concerns and suggestions
Restaurant Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management, or has a culinary school certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a related role
- Excellent customer services skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial management
- Deep knowledge of F&B industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiar with restaurant management and booking applications (e.g. Open Table, PeachWorks)
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.