What Does a Retail Associate Do?
Retail associates welcome customers in stores and guide them to the products they’re looking for. They answer queries about products, promos, and services while actively listening for customer pain points. Retail associates must always stay updated regarding company and competitor product offerings.
Retail Associate Job Overview
In the retail associate role, you will work with the store team to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets are met. You will provide excellent customer service by identifying customer needs, and by presenting products and services as solutions. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to meet set targets and resolve customer issues, ensuring customers leave satisfied.
Retail Associate Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets or exceeds the establishment’s monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Handles customer issues in an effective and prompt manner
- Stocks shelves
- Informs customers of new product offerings and promos
- Maintains an updated record of customers and sales
- Cross-sells products
- Offers alternatives and compares different product features to help customers make a more informed purchase
Retail Associate Job Requirements
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a sales or customer service role
- Computer literate
- Warm, outgoing personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Basic math skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.