What Does a Sales Associate Do?
Sales Associates (or Retail Sales Associate or Sales Representative) typically work in retail stores and are responsible for greeting and engaging customers, answering product questions and selling store merchandise. Sales Associates are tasked with front line customer service responsibilities, representing the brand to the public and are tasked with delivering exemplary customer satisfaction.
Sales Associate Job Overview
In the Sales Associate role, you will be responsible for being the public face of our brand in our retail stores, often serving as the first and only experience a customer will have with our company. It’s crucial you treat customers pleasantly, personally and professionally while helping them any way possible. You should have an “always go the extra mile for the customer” attitude.
Key components of the role comprise actively communicating with all customers and helping them find store merchandise appropriate to their needs to drive store revenue. Success in this role will be demonstrated by achieving personal and location sales targets and customer satisfaction goals.
Sales Associate Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome and engage customers in stores, responding to product questions, uncovering needs and recommending products
- Resolve customer problems and address complaints
- Assist customers with product purchases
- Help maintain store visual appearance, signage & displays and proper merchandising presentation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on latest product features and availability
- Handle product returns & refunds
- Recommend approaches to improve stores sales and improve customer satisfaction
- Suggest cross-sell and upsell purchase options
- Process in-store purchases
- Meet regularly with sales management to review sales activity
- Develop and build customer relationships to foster repeat visits and purchases
Sales Associate Job Requirements
- 3+ years of proven sales experience
- Understanding of basic sales principles and practices
- Track record of achieving and surpassing individual sales goals
- Knowledge of merchandise inventory procedures
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated client-facing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Friendly and personal manner with a customer-centric mindset
Comeet can help you get candidates, fast. Looking to start your hiring process today? Leave your details here and we’ll get back to your promptly: