What Does a Sales Manager Do?
Sales managers lead the sales team of an organization to increase profits and help grow the business. They manage salespeople, set realistic goals, build sales plans, conduct trainings, implement effective sales strategies, and rally the sales team in achieving the specified objectives.
Sales Manager Job Overview
In the sales manager role, you will work closely with a team of salespeople, ensuring alignment with sales strategies and objectives. You are also responsible for identifying potential growth opportunities and negotiating contracts with prospective clients. Success in this role will be demonstrated by achieving and surpassing sales quotas.
Sales Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and develops a team of salespeople
- Conducts seminars and trainings to ensure alignment with sales objectives
- Tracks profitability metrics and achieves sales growth target
- Identifies sales growth opportunities and potential new customers
- Stays fully informed on business trends and monitors market competition
- Negotiates with prospective clients and reviews contracts of existing clients
Sales Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Goal-oriented and highly motivated to deliver results
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with various groups of people
- Manage pressure and difficult situations with ease
- High degree of analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.