What Does a Senior Accountant Do?
Senior accountants perform high-level accounting tasks required to prepare the financial statements of a company. They develop systematic processes to effectively monitor accounts, transactions, and changes in accounting policies. They ensure the accuracy of all documentation and compliance with applicable internal and external controls.
Senior Accountant Job Overview
In the senior accountant role, you will conduct financial statement analysis, maintain accurate data, and find and correct inaccurate entries. You’ll also use deep knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles to develop and update the department’s accounting system. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the swift and accurate delivery of accurate data, reports, and documentation, as well as meeting KPIs for AP and AR aging.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs periodic balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Conducts variance and financial analyses
- Plans and implements accounting work to new projects
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and accounting standards
- Helps in the required annual audits with internal and external auditors
- Develops accounting processes and procedures
Senior Accountant Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA certification desired
- Deep understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced skills in Excel
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills and able to handle pressure well
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Advanced degree a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.