What Does a Social Worker Do?
Social workers aid individuals who suffer from mental illness, domestic violence, substance abuse, and other personal challenges. They play a critical role in their clients’ social and physical well-being, providing resources and guidance to help them cope with problems and move beyond difficult situations.
Social Worker Job Overview
In the social worker role, you will assess client backgrounds and respond appropriately to needs and requests for help and guidance. A key element in this role is the ability to help those with mental, emotional, and behavioral issues face the challenges of everyday life. Success in this role is demonstrated by the ability to transition clients out of difficult situations and improve their quality of life.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains accurate and confidential client records
- Assesses the client’s background and conditions
- Provides training, supervision, and recommendations to the client and their relatives
- Responds to client trauma situations
- Comforts clients as needed
- Designs and assists in the implementation of treatment plans
Social Worker Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field
- At least 2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Highly observant and detail-oriented
- High degree of empathy and sympathy
- Strong emotional IQ and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Licensed by the appropriate Association of Social Work Boards
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.