What Does a Store Associate Do?
Store associates are the primary customer-facing employees of retail establishments. They are responsible for facilitating customer purchases, answering questions about products and services, and resolving minor complaints. They may also help customers complete returns, and they generally work to ensure a smooth shopping experience.
Store Associate Job Overview
In the store associate role, you will welcome and assist customers with any concerns or questions about the establishment’s products or services. You will also ensure that your assigned aisles are well stocked and presentable. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to work with the rest of the team to increase sales and provide for a smooth sales process.
Store Associate Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes customer orders and payments with the POS system
- Increases store sales
- Guides customers to the appropriate areas for merchandise
- Cross-sells supplementary products and services
- Engages in both in-store and out-of-store marketing and sales efforts
- Ensures that the store is always neat and presentable
- Handles client questions and minor concerns
Store Associate Job Requirements
- High school diploma; Associate degree is preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Firm grasp of sales and customer services principles
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-stress work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Can perform basic arithmetic
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.