What Does a Technical Recruiter Do?
Technical recruiters source and hire qualified technical candidates for information technology (IT) positions as required by clients. They perform all aspects of recruitment including writing job postings, meeting with applicants, hiring, and orientation. Technical recruiters reduce job vacancies and time to hire for firms while increasing employee retention.
Technical Recruiter Job Overview
In the technical recruiter role, you will gather and sift through resumes and applications, shortlisting the best candidates for the position. A key element of this role is understanding available positions and their technical requirements. Success in this role is demonstrated by promptly sourcing and filling IT positions with appropriate candidates to ensure long-term and effective hires.
Technical Recruiter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates with the client to identify job openings and requirements
- Interviews possible applicants
- Performs background checks
- Tracks applicant status
- Prepares job descriptions and postings on relevant platforms
- Makes cold calls and follows up on applicants
- Responds to applicant inquiries
Technical Recruiter Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant field
- Strong understanding of HR concepts and practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of technical roles, skills, and technology
- Good understanding of HR practices and regulations
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.