What Do Wait Staff Do?
Wait staff serve as the primary interaction point between customers and the restaurant. They present the menu, take orders, and may process customer payments. Wait staff deliver orders to the appropriate customers efficiently and help open and close the facility while keeping it well-stocked and clean.
Wait Staff Job Overview
In the wait staff role, you will welcome and seat the establishment’s customers in an efficient manner. You will also prepare tables before seating guests, and take and deliver food orders. Success in this role will be demonstrated by facilitating an excellent dining experience, translating to positive feedback and additional business.
Wait Staff Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcomes customers and directs them to appropriate seats
- Maintains knowledge of menu items and restaurant specials
- Takes and delivers customer orders
- Prepares bills and processes customer payments
- Works with colleagues to fulfill food orders and ensure customer satisfaction
- Takes customer feedback and communicates it to management
- Escalates major concerns to management
Wait Staff Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in the food service industry
- Experience using POS systems
- Pleasant demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Physically fit
- Team player
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.