What Does a Waitress Do?
Waitresses and waiters, also known as servers, are the primary point of contact for customers in restaurants. Common tasks include seating, taking orders, delivering meals, restocking, seeking feedback, and figuring bills. Servers are often the first to address concerns, and will escalate higher-level issues to management.
Waitress Job Overview
In the waitress role, you will deliver customer orders to kitchen staff and make sure the correct meals are served. You must also be familiar with menu offerings to answer customer queries and provide recommendations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing an outstanding dining experience as reflected by positive customer comments and growth of repeat business.
Waitress Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets and seats customers
- Provides menus and recommends best-selling meals
- Memorizes or takes down orders accurately
- Delivers ordered beverages and meals on time
- Provides customer feedback forms
- Prepares bills and collects and processes payments
- Cleans and prepares the table
Waitress Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of restaurant or food service experience
- Physically able to stand for long periods
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible work hours
- Great multitasking skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.