What Does a Warehouse Worker Do?
Warehouse workers are vital in the processing and organization of supplies and goods in a warehouse. They receive and store incoming packages to designated areas, and pack and load goods for shipment. Warehouse workers screen for damaged stocks and ensure the correct quantity of orders.
Warehouse Worker Job Overview
In the warehouse worker role, you will be responsible for retrieving stocks and preparing client orders. You will pick and pull boxes and use heavy equipment to maneuver freights. You will be expected to keep storage and delivery areas safe and clean at all times. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing practical inputs to help the warehouse team optimize processes to increase the shipment rate.
Warehouse Worker Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors order management to avoid shortage issues
- Performs regular cycle count to update and maintain inventory accuracy
- Documents pertinent information (condition, quantity, location) of inbound packages
- Utilizes equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts as needed
- Reports discrepancies to relevant parties
- Marks, labels, and arranges stocks
- Assists in the sorting of inventory
Warehouse Worker Job Requirements
- Experience in distribution and logistics preferred
- Fit to lift and carry heavy loads (max 75 lbs)
- Able to work for extended hours
- Outstanding organizational and critical-thinking skills
- Strong and professional work ethic
- Effective communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.