What Does an Administrative Assistant Do?
Administrative Assistants (or Administrative Coordinators or Office Managers) help executives, managers and other company employees with an array of tasks to improve efficiency and productivity. They typically serve as the point person in an office environment, ensuring smooth operations and facilitating everyone’s processes.
Administrative Assistant Job Overview
In the Administrative Assistant role, you will provide critical and real-time assistance to all team members across the organization. Common tasks include answering phones, office management, ordering supplies, and arranging meetings and travel schedules. You enjoy multitasking, helping others and being a positive force in an office environment without requiring much supervision. Success in this role will be demonstrated by a smooth running office and efficient operation and coordination with all team members.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all office tasks as required such as managing executive schedules, managing and ordering office supplies
- Serve as point person for office issues
- Make travel reservations (including air, hotel, car, restaurant)
- Answer telephone, screen calls and direct calls to appropriate individual
- Greet office visitors personally, politely and professionally
- Track office expense reports
Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- 2+ years prior administrative or office management experience
- Experienced computer user; Microsoft Office and Google Apps preferred
- Strong language and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Team player; always open to helping colleagues
- Associate degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with basic accounting processes preferred
Comeet can help you get candidates, fast. Looking to start your hiring process today? Leave your details here and we’ll get back to your promptly: