What Does a Mail Clerk Do?
Mail clerks manage and sort outgoing and incoming mail in postal office or company mailrooms. They sort mail by address, category, department, and other specified criteria. They may also maintain records of mail, packages, and envelopes that move through an organization’s delivery channels.
Mail Clerk Job Overview
In the mail clerk role, you will maintain an accurate and orderly mail delivery system. You will label incoming and outgoing packages, envelopes, and other delivery items, and coordinate with delivery companies such as FedEx and UPS. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to ensure that mail items are promptly delivered to the correct recipients.
Mail Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Sorts mail based on predetermined criteria
- Stamps and records recipient details
- Ensures misdirected mail is forwarded
- Uses sorting machines and other related equipment
- Monitors mailroom supplies
- Delivers and distributes mail to correct departments
- Signs off on certified mail
Mail Clerk Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using sorting machines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to multitask
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.