What Does an Android Developer Do?
Android developers build and maintain functional applications across Android-based devices. They work closely with product development teams to define and design app features and enhancements. They are encouraged to follow Google’s foundational interface guidelines and standards, known as Material Design, to create user interfaces.
Android Developer Job Overview
Android Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops different layers of Android apps
- Helps maintain native mobile apps
- Performs test runs and iterative development processes
- Utilizes Android software development kit (SDK) for effective app integration
- Participates in the full software development cycle
- Troubleshoots bugs and documents errors
Android Developer Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of extensive and hands-on Java and Android development experience
- Experience with Android development tools such as Android Studio, APIs, Material Design, Android SDK
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.