What Does a Product Owner Do?
Product owners develop software to meet the requirements of end-users. In doing so, they incorporate customer feedback into design features to ensure client satisfaction. They also make sure items on the backlog scrum list are completed to spec and delivered in a timely manner.
Product Owner Job Overview
In the product owner role, you will generate revenue by launching new products for the company. You will gather feature requests, communicate clear objectives to the team, and coordinate sprints. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to bring the product backlog items from conception to completion with on-time delivery to the customer.
Product Owner Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Rolls out products that reflect the company’s objectives
- Develops user stories and incorporates user preferences
- Sets sprint goals and corrects production issues during the cycle
- Prioritizes backlog and delegates tasks to development team
- Hones and improves agile methodology according to client feedback
Product Owner Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Previous experience as a product owner or product manager
- Experience managing a product’s life cycle from beginning to completion
- Technical background in software development and internet technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.