What Does a Database Administrator Do?
Database administrators (aka DBAs) create high-quality databases that enable data to be distributed throughout an organization. In addition, they are in charge of backing up all data and ensuring storage protocols comply with internal data management policies. They may also handle administrative tasks.
Database Administrator Job Overview
In the database administrator role, you will be responsible for maintaining databases and making sure they are functioning properly. A key element of this role is to design database systems according to end user requirements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring that the flow of information runs efficiently and smoothly to increase the company’s overall productivity.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Builds and maintains databases
- Designs databases according to end users
- Backs up company data
- Solves and addresses user errors
- Creates reports on performance and usage
- Follows the latest developments and trends in database administration
Database Administrator Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in SQL
- Knowledgeable in programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Certifications such as MCDBA are preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.