What Does an Assistant Director Do?
Assistant directors act as support for an organization’s director to ensure specific goals set by management are achieved. They are hands-on leaders who manage administrative functions to make sure the organization’s operations are smooth and efficient. They engage with employees, and they monitor departmental performance and production.
Assistant Director Job Overview
In the assistant director role, you will supervise and coordinate the department’s day-to-day operations. You will delegate clerical duties, manage schedules, monitor departmental progress, and hire, coach, and terminate staff members. You will mentor direct staff to foster individual growth and production. Success in this role will be exhibited by supporting management through leading employees to achieve organizational goals.
Assistant Director Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists the director in establishing short and long-term objectives
- Monitors the performance of the department and individual employees
- Hires, trains, and evaluates new employees
- Prepares forecasts of relevant financial data
- Establishes and enforces departmental policies
- Ensures that departmental policies are compliant with regulations
Assistant Director Job Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with prior leadership roles
- Proficient in MS Office
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of performance and operations management techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.