What Does a Busboy Do?
Busboys (or bussers) are entry-level employees who assist restaurant staff by cleaning tables when customers leave, helping to wash dishes, and relaying special orders and requests to the kitchen staff. They may also cheerfully greet customers entering and exiting the restaurant.
Busboy Job Overview
In the busboy position, you will clear used dishes, glasses, flatware, and napkins away from tables promptly without being asked. You will note which tables have been recently vacated by customers, clear them, and wipe them down to ensure they’re clean and ready for the next party. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing excellent service to the waitstaff so there’s a steady flow of guests through the restaurant.
Busboy Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets customers upon entering
- Answers customer inquiries
- Assists the restaurant staff
- Cleans up and prepares the tables
- Restocks napkins, utensils, and condiments
- Washes dishes
- Maintains hygiene
Busboy Job Requirements
- Prior experience working in a restaurant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically fit
- Willing to work on holidays and weekends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can work well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.