What Does a Computer Technician Do?
Computer technicians ensure that an organization’s networks and computer systems are functioning properly. They are tasked with the installation, repair, and maintenance of company computer systems and networks. A computer technician also provides technical support for issues related to the organization’s computer systems.
Computer Technician Job Overview
In the computer technician role, you are responsible for ensuring that company hardware and software are running at their highest efficiency and potential. The computer technician is responsible for providing timely technical support to organization personnel and for instructing personnel in the proper use of hardware and software. Success in this role is demonstrated by the ability to enhance system efficiency while improving overall network security.
Computer Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures security and safety of company networks and data
- Assists colleagues with the setup of computers, internet connection, and network systems
- Provides support to personnel in need of computer-related assistance
- Keeps records of repairs and fixes for reference
- Facilitates software updates and hardware maintenance
- Maintains multiple service networks
- Ensures SQL and terminal server requirements are met
Computer Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related fields
- 3 years of professional experience working with computer systems and networks
- Superior working knowledge of mainframes and personal computers
- Skilled in internet security and data privacy
- Relevant certification is a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.