What Does a Desktop Support Engineer Do?
Desktop support engineers provide support for users of computers and software systems. They provide hands-on or remote assistance in computer setups, upgrades, software operation, and maintenance. They also answer on-the-spot inquiries from users. Desktop support engineers may provide general training for applications and hardware as well.
Desktop Support Engineer Job Overview
In the desktop support engineer role, you will work with a variety of users and display a friendly attitude in providing support. A key element in this role is having in-depth knowledge of computer systems and common issues to promptly address all user concerns. Success in this role is demonstrated by providing clear technical support and swiftly resolving desktop issues.
Desktop Support Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to client inquiries
- Provides technical support to users
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues
- Provides instructions or directly sets up desktop hardware
- Assists with installation of computer software and operating system updates
- Records logs of rendered support
Desktop Support Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Prior experience in desktop support or related field
- In-depth knowledge of desktop hardware and software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer operating systems such as Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Exceptional time-management and multitasking abilities
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.