What Does a Desktop Support Technician Do?
Desktop support technicians assist in the overall maintenance of a firm’s information technology (IT) infrastructure. They help troubleshoot errors and provide solutions to end-users. They also update systems with the latest hardware and software as needed. Desktop support technicians perform their tasks onsite or remotely.
Desktop Support Technician Job Overview
In the desktop support technician role, you are expected to provide routine guidance for users of the IT system and components. You will maintain a deep understanding of IT concepts and stay updated with the latest tech trends. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the quick resolution of trouble tickets, avoiding downtime, and enhancing IT operations.
Desktop Support Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives and processes user complaints
- Resolves computer problems and errors
- Trains staff on computer literacy
- Sets up and configures new computer and internet equipment
- Performs routine inspection of equipment
- Updates computer software and operating systems
- Remotely or physically assists in computer-related concerns
Desktop Support Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Prior experience in desktop support technician or similar role preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and IT-related applications
- Effective time-management skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.