What Does a Facilities Manager Do?
Facilities managers coordinate the renovation, installation, refurbishment, and maintenance of the firm’s new and existing assets. They ensure that the company’s existing infrastructure remains in good condition and is compliant with safety regulations. Additionally, they maximize the company’s use of space and equipment.
Facilities Manager Job Overview
In the facilities manager role, you will design and execute data-driven approaches aimed at improving the efficiency of the company’s fixed assets. You will coordinate facility improvement initiatives with colleagues and external contractors. Additionally, you will develop policies and rules that visitors must adhere to. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to maximize the profitability of the company’s properties, buildings, and equipment.
Facilities Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises a team of facilities management personnel
- Maintains both financial and non-financial records
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and remain compliant with health and safety regulations
- Manages the operations of the company’s parking lots and structures
- Analyzes and forecasts facility requirements
- Handles insurance contracts and other third-party contractors
Facilities Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree is preferred
- Relevant professional certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial management
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.