What Does a Game Designer Do?
Game designers design and develop video games. They create plots and storylines, maps, in-game goals, and user interfaces. They also manage the game’s algorithms to ensure an enjoyable player experience. They may write code directly or work with programmers to develop a game’s back end.
Game Designer Job Overview
In the game designer role, you will work closely with the game development group to ensure team alignment and delivery of high-quality content and features. You will be expected to participate in various playtests and improve gameplay. Success in this role will be determined by providing creative and innovative content to increase daily active users and player retention.
Game Designer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Documents game wireframes and prototypes
- Creates and improves design templates
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and addresses gameplay issues
- Ensures alignment with business and design objectives
- Maintains the vision of the gameplay throughout developmental iterations
- Evaluates user data and statistics
Game Designer Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of game design experience
- Experience in game development from concept to live
- Knowledgeable in various game disciplines such as combat, progression, and monetization
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or other related software
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.