What Does a Game Developer Do?
Game developers turn concepts, stories, and designs into playable video games. Using various programming languages, specialized software applications, and a series of test runs, they breathe life into characters and simulate plots and storylines, creating an immersive and user-friendly electronic gaming experience.
Game Developer Job Overview
In the game developer role, you will create high-level 2D and 3D graphics of game assets, such as characters, maps, scenery, and items. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of game designers, artists, software developers, animators, and content developers to ensure overall alignment with game specifications and requests. Success in this role will be demonstrated by producing high-quality games and improving existing games to increase users, player retention, and in-game sales.
Game Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Writes codes based on given specifications
- Participates in scrum and design studios
- Identifies and documents solutions
- Performs tests and debugs errors
- Maintains and updates gameplay features
- Imports new and modified game assets
- Researches new ideas and technologies
Game Developer Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience
- Knowledge of gaming platforms (console, mobile, PC)
- Proficient in various game development tools (Unity, Construct 2, GameMaker: Studio)
- Passion for video games
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering, or a related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.