What Does a Graphic Designer Do?
Graphic designers create visual designs for companies, either by hand or with the use of computer design software. They produce the visuals that enhance and represent a company’s products and materials, and they visually convey ideas that inform and inspire consumers.
Graphic Designer Job Overview
In the graphic designer role, you are expected to be able to use design software, drawing tablets, and computers to create imaginative visual designs. A key element in this position is to generate creative ideas and visual solutions that represent the firm’s brands and messages. Success in this role is demonstrated by meeting deadlines and surpassing quality expectations of clients and internal stakeholders.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs original graphical outputs that adhere to client specifications
- Communicates with clients to guide the design process
- Inputs on potential improvements to existing outputs
- Coordinates with the team in creating outputs
- Creates the overall theme of the design
- Leads in the creation of the client’s branding style and logo
Graphic Designer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related area
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in graphic design positions
- Proficient with the use of design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Creative mindset and detail-oriented
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Up-to-date on current marketing trends
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.