What Does an Inventory Manager Do?
Inventory managers focus on the materials handling and storage management of an organization. They keep tabs on a company’s needs for supplies and manufactured goods. Their key objectives are avoiding shortages and maintaining smooth operation and product delivery, while keeping costs and storage needs low.
Inventory Manager Job Overview
In the inventory manager role, you will track inventory levels to ensure that levels of supplies, raw materials, and finished goods stay within acceptable ranges. You must maintain a deep awareness of the organization’s process flow. Success in this role will be demonstrated by adhering to set production schedules and budgets without supply-based work stoppages.
Inventory Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages a team of inventory associates and provides guidance and direction
- Records new stock and monitors stock levels
- Ensures accurate inventory reconciliation
- Supervises warehouse and other storage facilities
- Replenishes supplies and raw materials as needed
- Documents existing inventory process and ensures alignment with company SOPs
- Fosters strong relationships with suppliers and customers and implements retention strategies
Inventory Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory management or related fields
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and dependable problem-solving skills
- Exemplary analytical and organizational skills
- Has a deep understanding of inventory processes and delivery systems
- Knowledgeable of and experience with financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related fields
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.