What Does an IT Business Analyst Do?
Information technology (IT) business analysts perform high-level analyses of business processes focused on complex software and IT projects. They evaluate technologies, define solutions, design process improvements, and coordinate with various partners to identify and meet technical requirements and goals.
IT Business Analyst Job Overview
In the IT business analyst role, you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of the company’s IT systems with its business needs. You will work with business partners, developers, and other analysts toward successful project completion. Success in this role will be demonstrated by developing and implementing process improvements that lead to achieving IT project milestones and business objectives.
IT Business Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads business process analysis
- Facilitates process improvement sessions
- Documents and improves existing process and information systems
- Designs and executes new technology solutions
- Fosters long-term relationships with business partners
- Determines opportunities for machine learning and automation
- Manages project tasks and schedules
IT Business Analyst Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of business and technology analysis experience
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge in process analysis and business and technical principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Technology, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.