What Does an IT Manager Do?
IT managers lead teams of information technology personnel, driving them to maintain the day-to-day operations of an organization’s computer systems and internal networks. IT managers ensure their teams meet project specifications and deadlines, and they’re responsible for team development and ensuring IT policy deployment.
IT Manager Job Overview
In the IT manager role, you will lead and provide feedback to the company’s IT professionals. You’ll direct the maintenance, performance, and efficient operation of the organization’s computer systems. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to use industry knowledge and people-management skills to support the cost-effective operation of technical systems with minimal downtime.
IT Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the organization’s information technology and computer systems
- Recruits, trains, and supervises a team of IT personnel
- Manages team budget and ensures cost-effectiveness
- Conducts routine system audits
- Develops and implements team policies aligned with the organization’s goals and values
- Identifies and addresses areas of improvement promptly
IT Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- Experience in leading a team of IT professionals
- Proven track record in network installation, network administration, and computer networks
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of data governance and data center management
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.