What Does an IT Project Manager Do?
Information technology (IT) project managers work with cross-functional teams in a company to design, build, and test computer and networking systems. They may manage hardware integration projects, upgrades, or the creation of custom software for internal or client use.
IT Project Manager Job Overview
In the IT project manager role, you will oversee the successful completion of the firm’s IT projects. A key element of this role is to clearly and effectively communicate project objectives to team members and ensure that they understand their specific roles. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring that all projects are completed on time and that they meet preordained specs.
IT Project Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates budgets for projects
- Outlines project goals and objectives
- Schedules projects and creates timelines
- Oversees all production phases and monitors progress
- Supervises project team members
- Performs strategic analysis
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
IT Project Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management or IT
- MCSE, CCNA, or similar certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great problem-solving and time-management skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Performs well under pressure
- Willing to travel
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.