What Does a Junior Software Developer Do?
Junior software developers provide assistance to support continuous improvement throughout the development life cycle of computer applications. They write basic code, maintain applications, address bugs, and deploy app enhancements. They work hand-in-hand with senior developers and customer user groups to create robust software solutions.
Junior Software Developer Job Overview
In the junior software developer role, you will help create programs and participate in test runs. You will be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of common programming languages. You will also be part of a paired programming group to complete tasks with senior developers. Success in this role will be demonstrated by delivering critical code to help ensure applications are up-to-date and fully functional.
Junior Software Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Works on minor bug issues
- Writes reports regarding the state of software under development
- Conducts development tests
- Monitors the performance of internal systems
- Attends daily developer meetings
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to inform system design
Junior Software Developer Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in software or web development
- Detail-oriented and goal-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.