What Does a Legal Secretary Do?
Legal secretaries provide supervised administrative and clerical support to lawyers or the law firm. They usually attend legal proceedings, schedule meetings, document cases, and gather data. Moreover, they enable lawyers to work consistently and to focus on more complex legal matters
Legal Secretary Job Overview
In the legal secretary role, you will be aiding lawyers in their work to bring cases to a speedier resolution. You will be expected to maintain an extensive knowledge of the legal system and its terminology. Success in this role will be determined by increases in the work efficiency of lawyers and the law firm.
Legal Secretary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists lawyers in their administrative tasks
- Prepares and organizes legal documents
- Schedules meetings with clients or partners
- Responds to phone calls and emails
- Conducts research on legal cases
- Submits court materials
- Transcribes contracts, dispositions, and testimonies
Legal Secretary Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of legal secretary experience or similar role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great time-management skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.