What Does a Medical Administrative Assistant Do?
Medical administrative assistants manage the front desk tasks of clinics or hospitals such as scheduling appointments, retrieving medical histories, and answering phone calls. They also administer basic clinical tasks like taking vital signs, sterilizing medical equipment, and in some cases, drawing blood from patients.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Overview
In the medical administrative assistant role, you will provide administrative support to other medical personnel. You will also ensure data accuracy and validate the insurance coverage of patients. You may also receive patients and process them for appointments. Success in this role will be exhibited by facilitating smooth clinic operations to improve the customer experience.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as a liaison between insurance agencies and patients
- Performs administrative tasks such as typing and record-keeping
- Greets and directs patients and visitors in a courteous manner
- Provides support services to other medical personnel
- Responds to emails by current and potential clients
- Collects personal information from patients
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of administrative work experience in a medical environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of basic medical procedures
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.