What Does a Night Auditor Do?
Night auditors perform end-of-day accounting tasks and overnight front desk duties. They assist late-night guests, process check-ins and check-outs, and address other customer requests. They also audit, reconcile, and balance daily financial activities. Night auditors often work for hotels, inns, and similar establishments.
Night Auditor Job Overview
In the night auditor role, you will work closely with the hotel’s bookkeepers and front desk agents to ensure guests are checked in and books kept up-to-date. You will answer guest inquiries, book reservations, and update customer accounts and ledgers. You will be expected to maintain a professional and friendly attitude when interacting with hotel customers. Success in this role will be demonstrated by implementing systematic processes to provide a smooth hospitality experience while maintaining accurate financial data.
Night Auditor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes invoices and prepares checkout bills
- Monitors and checks accounting ledger
- Audits financial statement accounts such as receivables and revenues
- Posts room taxes and charges
- Processes discounts and vouchers
- Tracks room availability and occupancy
- Prepares daily reports and summary cash balances
Night Auditor Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping and front desk experience
- Basic math and accounting skills
- Proficient in MS Office, PMS, and CRM software
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or related field is a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.