What Does an Office Administrator Do?
Office administrators perform an array of tasks in an office setting. They keep an organization running smoothly by conducting day-to-day office and administrative support activities. They also assist professionals to ensure work efficiency and compliance with company rules and regulations.
Office Administrator Job Overview
In the office administrator role, you will perform various day-to-day tasks in support of the organization. These tasks often include organizing and filing documents, planning and coordinating company events, communicating and implementing office policies, answering phone calls, and greeting customers and guests. Success in this role will be demonstrated by completing your tasks effectively and efficiently.
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes requests, ensuring alignment with company protocols
- Maintains a systematic filing system (manual and computerized)
- Professionally answers phone calls and responds promptly to employee and customer inquiries
- Effectively communicates and implements company policies
- Monitors company activities and updates calendar of events
- Welcomes customers and guests in a professional and friendly manner
Office Administrator Job Requirements
- Administrative experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive and professional work attitude
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.