What Does an Office Assistant Do?
Office Assistants (or Office Coordinators or Office Managers or Receptionists) help manage daily office tasks and assist company employees with whatever is needed to boost productivity. They are tasked with helping organize and run the administrative functions of a business office environment. Office Assistants typically serve as the point person in an office, operating with minimal supervision, ensuring efficient operations.
Office Assistant Job Overview
In the Office Assistant role, you will provide assistance in managing the office on a day-to-day basis, supporting all team members across the organization as needed. Common tasks include answering phones, office management, ordering supplies, and arranging meetings and travel schedules. You can work independently and productively, enjoy multitasking and helping others, and serve as a positive office environment influence. Success in this role will be demonstrated by a smooth running office and efficient operation and coordination with all team members.
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all office tasks as required such as filing, maintaining documents and updating paperwork, ordering office supplies, running errands and performing other office duties
- Serve as point person for office issues
- Help coordinate office events
- Make travel reservations for executive team (including air, hotel, car, restaurant)
- Answer telephone, screen calls and direct calls to appropriate individual
- Greet office visitors such as clients or vendors personally, politely and professionally
- Track office expense reports
- Help maintain and keep office common areas neat and clean
- Assist with basic accounting and financial reporting duties
Office Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years prior administrative or office management experience
- Experienced computer user; Microsoft Office and Google Apps preferred
- Strong language, writing and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and trustworthy, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong client-facing, interpersonal communication skills
- Team player; always open to helping colleagues
- Associate degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with basic accounting processes and office management procedures preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.