What Does an Office Clerk Do?
Office clerks play a key role in the clerical and administrative functions of an organization. Office clerks are responsible for updating company records, scheduling meetings, and managing document security. They may answer phones, perform administrative functions, and interact with customers directly.
Office Clerk Job Overview
In the office clerk role, you will promote collaboration with all areas of the office by relaying information, preparing and submitting documents, and making and answering phone calls. A key element in this role is effectively communicating with different levels of employees and catering to their needs. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting work deadlines and pre-set work quality targets.
Office Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Labels and sorts document files
- Performs inventory checks
- Operates and performs basic maintenance of office machines
- Sorts and responds to emails
- Maintains paper and electronic records
- Maintains professional appearance and behavior
- Meticulously proofreads company data
Office Clerk Job Requirements
- 2 years of experience in clerical-related work
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to work individually and as a team member
- Knowledgeable of general office procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.