What Does an Operations Analyst Do?
Operations analysts evaluate a firm’s current operations and offer recommendations to increase efficiency. They use statistical analysis and mathematical modeling to identify and evaluate issues and areas for improvement. They may work with operations teams, engineers, and management to create solutions and streamline business systems.
Operations Analyst Job Overview
In the operations analyst role, you will coordinate with management and cross-functional teams to build a picture of targeted processes and systems. A key element in executing this role is the ability to create statistical and mathematical models of real-world processes. Success in this role is demonstrated by the effective implementation of changes and significant improvement in the efficiency of operations.
Operations Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Gathers data on current operations through observations, reports, and interviews
- Analyzes current operations and complex data sheets
- Determines strengths and areas for improvement
- Designs efficient operational processes
- Assists with implementation of changes
- Identifies and compares the efficiency of new processes
Operations Analyst Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in operations analysis or similar fields
- Exceptional communication and coordination skills
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, and statistical and database applications
- Effective time management
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.