What Does a Program Manager Do?
Program managers organize programs and activities for companies to help support and achieve organizational goals. Common tasks include coordinating project schedules and timelines, guiding project managers and teams, procuring and managing resources, and determining program budgets and operating plans.
Program Manager Job Overview
In the program manager role, you will oversee multiple projects and supervise and coordinate with teams working on interdependent projects. You will also see to it that tasks undertaken by managers are aligned with the program’s objectives. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring the programs achieve maximum profitability and are in line with the organization’s long-term goals.
Program Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages existing programs and develops new programs
- Determines individual program budgets
- Allocates resources across multiple teams
- Supervises project managers
- Coordinates and communicates with teams working on interdependent projects
- Reports the latest developments regularly throughout the program life cycle
- Evaluates the success of a program
- Maintains program documents
- Conducts market research and stays current with industry trends
Program Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in project management
- Knowledgeable on program management methodologies
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding multitasking and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.