What Does a Programmer Analyst Do?
Programmer analysts perform the tasks of both computer programmers and systems analysts. They assess company data processing needs and work to design computer systems and software to meet those needs. They may design, develop, and test applications that run on the computer systems they create.
Programmer Analyst Job Overview
In the programmer analyst role, you are expected to work directly with internal stakeholders to gather requirements for the firm’s computer systems. A key element of this role is to maintain an understanding of the firm’s operations and IT needs. Success in this role is demonstrated by the implementation of efficient computer and software systems that enhance the efficiency of internal stakeholders.
Programmer Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs and develops new system software
- Analyzes existing software designs and provides improvements
- Documents and generates reports on system performance
- Maintains system operability
- Provides support for user queries
- Generates diagrams for system structure
- Researches system requirements and recommends appropriate technology
Programmer Analyst Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in systems analysis and computer programming
- Working knowledge of current and emerging system hardware
- Knowledgeable in database software such as SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and problem-solving abilities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking abilities
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.