What Does a QA Tester Do?
Quality assurance (QA) testers play a critical role in delivering high quality, perfectly-functioning software and web applications to customers. They test and evaluate new and existing programs to identify and help remove bugs, glitches, and other user experience issues.
QA Tester Job Overview
In the QA tester role, you will be responsible for reviewing and implementing systematic test plans. You will collaborate with software developers and project supports to determine project scope and requirements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing quality work output, screening for errors, and refining usability throughout the software development and implementation process.
QA Tester Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Executes test cases under varying circumstances
- Documents and evaluates test results
- Detects, logs, and reports program bugs and glitches
- Tracks defects and helps troubleshoot errors
- Reviews test procedures and develops test scripts
- Partners with engineers to drive QA efforts
QA Tester Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of QA testing experience
- Experience in Agile frameworks and regression testing desired
- High attention to detail and solid analytical skills
- Proficient in test management software
- Good working knowledge of programming languages
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.