What Does a Recruiter Do?
Recruiters (or headhunters) actively contact candidates to fill job vacancies in client firms. They conduct interviews and follow up on promising applicants. They are expected to stay informed of all client job openings, communicate with applicants, and understand the requirements of all open positions.
Recruiter Job Overview
In the recruiter role, you will oversee the recruitment process of the client and give suggestions for improvement. A key element in performing this role is to conduct background checks to ensure that the candidate’s personality and work ethic fit with the company’s culture. Success in this role will be demonstrated by turning candidates into successful hires to improve organizational operations.
Recruiter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates job descriptions and posts them on social media
- Communicates and updates clients regularly
- Recruits candidates
- Conducts interviews and follows up on potential leads
- Conducts background checks on candidates
- Maintains a network of candidates
Recruiter Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Experienced in conducting different types of interviews
- Has a knack for spotting talent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.