What Does a Research Assistant Do?
Research assistants support primary researchers in the collection of data and information through lab studies, surveys, and other means. They may work in clinical or academic settings, performing and documenting assessments and presenting findings. Research assistants allow primary researchers to complete their projects more efficiently.
Research Assistant Job Overview
In the research assistant role, you will assist in the research process by collecting experimental data, preparing presentations, and proofreading manuscripts. A key element in this role is adhering to procedures and protocols provided by primary researchers. Success in this role is demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of all research and documents.
Research Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares interview questions and collects data
- Conducts research experiments
- Analyzes data and summarizes results
- Fact checks and proofreads manuscripts
- Generates graphs and spreadsheets to portray results
- Maintains research equipment
- Prepares presentations for primary researchers
- Documents research processes
Research Assistant Job Requirements
- Senior student; Bachelor’s degree in related field of research recommended
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong time-management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in research preferred
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.