What Does a Sales Assistant Do?
Sales assistants (or sales associates) greet customers and initiate conversations with the objective of marketing and selling store products. They also inform customers of ongoing promotions, provide general assistance with questions and upselling, and help customers make the best choice from the firm’s products and services.
Sales Assistant Job Overview
In the sales assistant role, you will assist customers in making the best choice from the company’s offerings. You are also expected to know each product’s key features to answer customer inquiries and recommend appropriate products. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting or exceeding predetermined sales quotas.
Sales Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets customers upon entering the store
- Assists customers in locating specific products
- Answers inquiries
- Directs customers to the manager for decisions out of their hands
- Replenishes product inventory
- Cleans the store
- Assists cashiers
- Tracks and reports record of sales
- Seeks feedback to improve customer service
Sales Assistant Job Requirements
- Prior working experience as a sales assistant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Proven sales record
- Team player
- Must be physically fit
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.