What Does an SDET Do?
Software development/design engineers in test (SDET) are information technology (IT) professionals with advanced programming skills who design, develop, and test automation tools and frameworks. They usually work to automate manual processes in the IT, gaming, advertising, entertainment, financial, or hospitality sectors.
SDET Job Overview
In the SDET role, your responsibilities will center on software development and testing. You will ensure the robustness of the company’s automation initiatives before they can be distributed to internal and external clients. You will carry out functional integration testing between the company’s applications, products, and services. Success in this role will be determined by your ability to successfully perform end-to-end testing of automation processes.
SDET Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assesses and understands the flow of code and its interaction with various processes
- Documents processes and client demands for process improvement
- Logs, manages, and tracks user issues and cases
- Performs manual regression testing
- Troubleshoots bugs and other issues on mobile, desktop, and web-based platforms
- Tests automation builds, execution, and script troubleshooting
SDET Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in similar roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify risks and errors in applications
- Knowledge of behaviour driven development
- Must remain updated with current and emerging trends in related sector
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.