What Does a Software Tester Do?
Software testers design test scenarios for software functionality, run performance tests, and prepare reports detailing the software’s effectiveness and needed adjustments. Also known as quality assurance testers and software test engineers, they work with a development team to identify software test infrastructure and testing approaches.
Software Tester Job Overview
In the software tester role, you will conduct software usability tests, assess the outcomes, and report the results to the design team. You may interact with clients so as to understand the product and its requirements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to test software design, conduct performance tests, and accurately interpret results.
Software Tester Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares test scenarios pursuant to software requirements
- Conducts and analyzes performance tests on software usability
- Prepares reports for design team
- Communicates with clients to understand their product requirements
- Provides input on product design, requirements, and potential problems
Software Tester Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field
- Knowledge of current software design testing programs
- Working knowledge of computer programming test methodologies
- Excellent analytical ability
- Great communication and organizational skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.